The Fedora ARM project have released beta 1 of Fedora 13 for ARM. Chris Tyler has instructions for trying it out under Fedora, so I thought I’d give it a quick go with Ubuntu and qemu-linaro. Here’s the steps:
- Download, build, and install qemu-linaro. I used the 2011.02-0 release.
- See Chris’s page for the Fedora download link.
- Download the RPM package with the QEMU image.
- Go to a temporary directory and extract the RPM using rpm2cpio ~/Downloads/armvm-f13beta1-15.fc13.noarch.rpm | cpio -idmv
- Change to var/lib/libvirt/images. You might need to install the rpm package to get rpm2cpio.
- Start qemu-linaro using something similar to ~/opt/bin/qemu-system-arm -m 256 -M versatileab -kernel zImage-versatile-2.6.24-rc7.armv5tel -append root=0800 -hda f13-arm-beta1-rootfs.img
The root password is fedoraarm.